Friday, October 1, 2010

hodgepodge of a dining room

Disclaimer: I have only been employed with a big girl job since the end of July, and this is my first apartment ever. I am proud of mismatching furniture... because, it's all MINE.
Show us your life... Dining Room:

My grandpa found this table on one of his dumpster dives and gave it to me when I first got my apartment. The chairs, that obviously don't match... came from craigslist for ten bucks a piece.

The makeshift buffet is possibly one of my favorite pieces in my whole apartment. It's really a television stand but for 75% off the original price, I knew that I needed it and it's worked out perfectly in my dining room.


back to http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

5 comments:

Trac~ said...

I think your "first" dining room looks GREAT! The chairs (if you're not happy with them, that is) can always be spray painted or stained to match your table. And your "buffet/tv stand" is perfect in there as well! Enjoy and thanks for sharing! :o)

Debbie said...

Wow! You did a GREAT job! It does not look like a "1st Apt" dining room at all! Congratulations on YOUR first space. There's no other feeling like it. I love the buffet - it really does look great in the space.

Brittany said...

i think the buffet works great!

Unknown said...

Kudos to Grandpa on his great find. I also love those lamps!
What a great dining space.
Have a blessed day!

Angela said...

Nice room and better yet you are an awesome bargain hunter!! Good job!